A bright, white smile is an almost universal desire; cosmetic dentistry is an excellent option if Mother Nature or lifestyle factors have let you down. Vogue Dental Care in Luton has an extensive cosmetic dentistry menu, including several treatment options for stained or discoloured teeth.
Discoloured teeth are a very common issue – in fact, it’s the most commonly-heard complaint in the world of cosmetic dentistry. There are numerous causes of staining and discolouration of the teeth, and the first thing your Luton cosmetic dentist will do is to establish the cause, so that they can prescribe the best course of treatment.
Common causes of tooth discolouration include:
- Drinking a lot of coffee, tea, or red wine – even healthy options such as green tea cause tooth stains
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars, or a pipe
- Part of the natural ageing process
- Side-effects of some medications, particularly some antibiotics, and medicinal mouthwashes
- Dental trauma
- Root canal treatment
- Visible metal or discoloured fillings or crowns
- After wearing braces for orthodontic correction
- Visible dental plaque
Our Luton dental practice’s cosmetic dentistry options can help with all of these situations. All treatments are designed to look both beautiful and natural, with long-lasting results.
Depending on the cause of your tooth staining, your Luton dentist may recommend:
This should only be carried out by a dentist, and is a safe, fast, and effective method of erasing many common tooth stains, including those caused by:
- Dietary or lifestyle factors
- Medication/mouthwash side-effects
- Wearing braces
- The natural ageing process
It involves the use of a safe dental bleaching gel to gently permeate the teeth and remove stains, with home treatment taking a fortnight and in-clinic treatment just one hour.
To remove visible plaque and tartar – vital to your oral and general health.
Porcelain veneers can bring permanently discoloured teeth into alignment with your natural tooth colour.
Tooth-coloured fillings or crowns
Your Luton dentist can safely remove discoloured fillings and crowns, and replace them with strong, natural-looking, tooth-coloured alternatives.
The cosmetic dentistry menu at our Luton clinic also offers a number of other solutions to many common tooth complaints.